The goal of Adult Services is to preserve and promote the emotional well-being of Will County residents who are experiencing mental illness. Clients receive an array of services that may include:
- Comprehensive mental health assessment.
- Individualized Person-Centered Plan Development, Review, and Modification.
- Development of a Safety Plan and a Discharge Transition Plan.
- Individual and group counseling and psychotherapy services.
- Access to psychiatric services for psychiatric evaluation and medication monitoring.
- Crisis intervention services.
- Case Management
- Psychotropic medication monitoring.
- Psychotropic medication training.
- Pre-admission screening for seriously mentally ill adults requiring nursing home
level of care and resident reviews at designated time intervals post-nursing home
The adult mental health outpatient services program incorporates the following values and principles:
- Our services are client-focused and community-based;
- We seek to empower persons served, have a recovery focus and provide services
in a manner which is ethnically and culturally appropriate;
- Seek to build on the strengths and preferences of the person served;
- Strive to assist the person served in functioning in the community to the fullest
- To coordinate services with other community care providers and emphasize continuity of care;
- Seek to protect the rights of the person served and to assist in advocating for
- Provide services in accordance with current clinical knowledge and accepted
best-practice and standards of practice.