Corrections to Birth and Death Records

Minor versus Major Corrections: Each Situation is Unique and Affected by Many Factors.

Author: Administrative Services Staff/Saturday, February 23, 2013/Categories: Birth and Death Records

Rate this article:

The State of Illinois gives the Local Registrars in each county the authority to make “minor” corrections to registered birth and death records within one year of the date the record was registered.  If the item that needs correcting falls into the “major” category, a second correction is needed, or more than one year has elapsed, forms and other documentation will need to be submitted directly to the State of Illinois along with a Notarized Affidavit, which are available at our office. Each situation is unique and affected by many factors.  We would prefer you call us so we can discuss the particulars of your situation and decide the best course of action in your individual case. 

Please call our office during normal business hours to enable us to give you accurate information:

Phone: (815-727-8639)

Hours of Operation:  Mon-Fri 8:30-Noon and 1:00 to 4:00 (Closed daily Noon to 1:00); Holiday Exceptions

Number of views (6421)/Comments (0)

Administrative Services Staff

Administrative Services Staff

Administrative Services

Administrative Services

The Will County Health Department's Administration Division provides many functions and is composed of several departments.
Programs & Services