The following is a list of services one may receive if they are a participant in the Will County Health Department's Screening, Assessment and Support Services Program.
- Screening and Assessment Services
- Crisis Intervention and Stabilization Services
- Intensive Outpatient Services
- Individual Case Coordination
- Linkages and Discharge Coordination
- Psychiatric Resource Coordination
- Coordination With Other Providers
- Hospitalization Services
- Family Resource Developer
The SASS program incorporates the following values and principles:
- Participate in the establishment of a single coordinated and cohesive service system for children.
- Ensure that families experience less fragmentation when trying to access services.
- Utilize and enhance early community based interventions and provide care coordination.
- Provide comprehensive, coordinated community based treatment services in-lieu of hospitalization.
- Recommend hospitalization only when community resources are not available or appropriate so that children will be less likely to experience an unnecessary hospitalization.
- Actively participate in hospital staffing’s and discharge planning to assure a seamless transition into the community.
- Reduce recidivism and length of stay in psychiatric hospitals.
- Provide advocacy and support for children, parents, caregivers and guardians.
- Provide alternative supports that will coalesce around the needs of children (e.g., education, juvenile justice, alcohol and substance abuse and developmental disabilities).