Access to Medical Care and Support for Pregnant Women, Mothers and Infants
Family Case Management (FCM) is a comprehensive program that assures easier access to medical care and provides support for pregnant women, mothers and infants. FCM helps women have healthy children with healthy futures, by encouraging early prenatal care and providing referral and linkage to a variety of services.
We serve pregnant women with infants up to one year of age. There is no cost to clients for the services provided.
If you are a Will County resident and income eligible, we can help with:
- Getting a doctor
- Medical card application
- Application to All Kids or FamilyCare insurance
- Linkage to our WIC (Women, Infants and Children) nutrition education program
- Developmental screening of your child
- Well child follow-up
- Information about immunization schedules
- Prenatal and postpartum depression screening, referral and follow-up
- Prenatal education
- Education about infant and child development
- Healthy Families Illinois program
- Car seat safety education
We can also provide referrals for:
- Domestic Violence services
- Child care resources
- Child Support
- English as a second language (ESL) classes
- Infant items (diapers, formula, clothing)
- Adoption referrals
- Child abuse prevention programs
- Many other social services
Our dedicated staff can see you in the office and in your home. They will provide information related to prenatal needs, infant care and parenting. Home visiting services provide the opportunity to learn more about household safety tips to protect your infant or child.
For more information or questions about our program, please call us at (815) 727-8501. We have offices in Joliet, Bolingbrook and University Park.